South Bend SB1096 - 37" 15 HP 3-Phase Wide-Belt Sander
SB1096 South Bend 37" 15 HP 3-Phase Wide-Belt Sander
Built for industrial-level production work.
The South Bend SB1096 37" 15 HP 3-Phase Wide-Belt Sander is designed to meet the most rigorous demands of your professional shop.
Featuring a powerful 15 HP drum motor and independent motors with digital controls for table elevation and conveyor speed, you’ll have full control to dial in the exact settings you need for any job, from delicate 1/8" thick work to large tables and slabs.
The belt moves side to side automatically to get the best sanding results and prolong belt life.
Features such as an amp/load meter to monitor your machine’s performance, a built-in regulator/water separator, and an emergency stop panel and disc brake for safety, add to the impressive stats of the SB1096.
This wide belt sander is built to true South Bend high-precision industrial standards and comes with a 2-year warranty.
The SB1096 manual was written by our U.S. based Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information.
The South Bend Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts are available online and shipped from the South Bend parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
When you need continuous duty and dependability for your business, the SB1096 is the answer.
- Motor: 15 HP, 220V/440V*, 3-phase, 36.7A/18.4A
- Conveyor feed motor: 1 HP, 3.4A/1.7A
- Elevation motor: 1/4 HP, 1.2A/0.6A
- Max. stock width: 36"
- Max. stock thickness: 5-3/4"
- Min. stock length: 14"
- Min. stock thickness: 1/8"
- Sanding belt size: 37" x 60"
- Sanding belt speed: 2600 FPM
- Sanding belt stroke: Variable, 5/16"-5/8"
- Platen size: 3-1/2" x 37"
- Platen travel: 0-2mm
- Conveyor speed: Variable, 15-49 FPM
- Number of dust ports: 3
- Dust port size: 5"
- Air requirement: 75 PSI
- Footprint: 21-1/2" x 51-1/2"
- Dimensions: 81" W x 50" D x 66-1/2" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 1826 lbs.
- Variable-speed feed with industrial-duty rubber conveyor belt
- Independent motor controls for sanding drum, table elevation, and feed conveyor
- Keypad controls for table elevation with digital readout accurate to 0.005"
- Adjustable sanding belt oscillation speed
- Micro-adjustable graphite/felt platen
- Amp/load meter
- Built-in air regulator/water separator
- Pneumatic belt tensioning
- Rubber infeed and outfeed pressure rollers
- Emergency stop panel and disc brake
- US based customer service and technical support
*This machine is prewired for 220V. We can rewire to 440V in a few days’ time for a fee of $250. Please contact South Bend Technical Support at (360) 734-1540 before placing your order.