South Bend SB1059F - 18" x 40" Electronic Variable-Speed Lathe with DRO
Sale price limited to stock on hand
SB1059F 18" x 40" EVS Lathe with DRO
South Bend quality is built into every SB1059F 18" x 40" EVS Lathe with DRO.
Quickly set the exact spindle speed with the Electronic Variable-Speed spindle control within the available range of 18–1800 RPM.
The beds of these lathes are constructed with Meehanite castings that have been precision hardened and ground in the traditional 3-V prismatic design—long used on South Bend Lathes for its accuracy, durability and rigidity.
The headstock features quick-change gear levers and an adjustable clutch mechanism for the feed rod that can be set to prevent damage in the event of a crash.
Additional features include universal QC gearbox, extra-long saddle for stability, pull out chip pan, and of course, a full complement of standard equipment that includes 3 and 4-jaw chucks, steady and follow rests, micrometer carriage stop, and a lot more.
Like all South Bend lathes, the SB1059F comes with a 2-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects.
The SB1059F manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The South Bend Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Spindle motor: 10 HP, 440V, 3-phase, 16A
- Coolant motor: 1/8 HP
- Swing over bed: 18.11"
- Distance between centers: 40"
- Swing over cross slide: 11.02"
- Swing over gap: 27.95"
- Cross slide travel: 11"
- Compound travel: 5.39"
- Spindle nose: D1-8
- Spindle bore: 3.149"
- Spindle taper: MT #7
- Spindle speeds: (EVS), 18–1800 RPM
- Tailstock taper: MT #5
- Tailstock travel: 6.5"
- Tailstock barrel diameter: 3"
- Inch threads: (38) 2–72 TPI
- Metric threads: (40) 0.4–14mm
- Modular pitches: (18) 0.3–3.5
- Diametral pitches: (21) 8–44
- Longitudinal feed range: .0015"–0.04"
- Cross feed range: 0.00075"–0.02"
- Overall dimensions: 90-3/4" W x 27" D x 62-1/4" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 5080 lbs.
- Fagor DRO
- Allen Bradley electrical components
- Meehanite castings, signature South Bend 3 V-Way bed
- Safety chuck guard with micro-switch shut-off
- Complete coolant system
- Micrometer carriage stop
- Yaskawa G7A4011 inverter
- Foot brake
- 12" 3-Jaw Scroll Chuck
- 14" D1-8 4-Jaw Independent Chuck
- 14" Faceplate
- Steady Rest
- Follow Rest
- Dead Center MT #5, 2 pcs
- Spindle Center Sleeve MT #7-MT #5
- 4-Way Tool Post
Due to product size, this item must be delivered to a loading dock or unloaded with a forklift. Liftgate not available.