Shop Fox W1812 - 2 HP 7" Planer / Moulder with Stand
W1812 Shop Fox 2 HP 7" Planer / Moulder with Stand
The next generation W1812 2 HP 7" Planer / Moulder with Stand features precision-ground cast-iron wings for increased work support, T-slots for easy guide rail adjustment, a one-piece enclosed stand and a pedestal-mounted control switch with variable-speed feed motor for unsurpassed control over planing and moulding cutting results.
The open-end design allows you to make curved mouldings with the optional elliptical jig.
If you make your own mouldings and frames, you need this machine!
Like all Shop Fox planers, the W1812 comes with a 2-year warranty which covers parts and assures the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The W1812 manual was written by the U.S. based Woodstock Technical Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your sander.
The Woodstock Customer Service and Technical Support Teams are U.S. based. Parts and accessories for the planer are available online and shipped from the Woodstock parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 2 HP, single-phase, 240V, 10.8A
- Variable-speed feed motor: 1/8 HP
- Power transfer: cutterhead is belt drive, feed rollers are chain drive
- Cutterhead speed: 7000 RPM
- Cuts per minute: 14,000
- Cuts per inch: 64-300
- Feed rate: 0-18 FPM
- Max. profile depth: 3/4"
- Max. profile width: 6-3/4"
- Planing width: 7"
- Min. stock length: 9"
- Min. stock thickness: 1/4"
- Max. stock thickness: 7-1/2"
- Dust port: 4"
- Footprint: 21" x 19"
- Overall size: 36-1/4"L x 22"W x 34-1/2"H
- Approximate shipping weight: 324 lbs.
- Two-year warranty!!
- Heavy-duty cast-iron handwheel and table
- Precision-ground cast-iron infeed and outfeed extension wings
- Dovetailed way for cutterhead housing with precision gib adjustments
- Pedestal-mounted controls with variable-speed dial
- Precision-ground cast-iron table and wings
- Rubberized steel feed rollers
- Powder-coated finish
- One-piece base cabinet