Grizzly G0838 - 16" x 24" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe
G0838 16" x 24" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe
Don't let its small size fool you, this stout machine has plenty to offer.
Bring home the functionality and features of a much larger lathe with the compact G0838 16" x 24" Variable-Speed Wood Lathe.
With a 2 HP 3-phase motor using a VFD to operate on single-phase 220V power, this lathe gives you the extra torque needed for turning hard woods at really low speeds.
Additionally, the headstock slides along the precision-ground cast-iron bed and can be locked in place on the tailstock side for outboard turning of much larger pieces.
The optional T28372 Bed and Tool Post Extension provides an incredible 28" swing over the bed extension. The extension can also be mounted to the end of the lathe bed for a total of 47" between centers.
This machine is a bowl-turner's dream!
Like all Grizzly lathes, the G0838 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects. (Consumables are not covered by the warranty.)
The G0838 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
Made in an ISO 9001 factory
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, 3-phase, 5.6A
- Power requirement: 220V, single-phase, 60Hz, 15A
- Swing over bed: 16"
- Swing over tool rest base: 11-1/2"
- Spindle taper: MT#2
- Spindle thread size: 1" x 8 TPI RH
- Tailstock taper: MT#2
- Spindle bore: 3/8"
- Spindle speeds: variable, 100–2900 RPM
- Tool rest width: 12"
- Tool rest post diameter: 1"
- Footprint: 16" W x 42-1/2" L
- Overall dimensions: 60-1/2" L x 23-1/2" W x 48" H
- Approximate shipping weight: 388 lb.
- Heavy-duty cast-iron bed and legs ensure stability and minimize vibration
- Digital spindle speed tachometer
- Quick, easy, and secure cam-lock headstock and tailstock adjustment
- Headstock adjusts for outboard turning
- Built-in, easy access tool holder
- 12" tool rest with 1" post
- Cam-lock/release levers for tailstock and headstock
- Indexed headstock rotation every 30° with 12 indexes
- Forward and reverse turning capacity
- Includes 6" faceplate, live center, and spur center