Grizzly G4003 - 12" x 36" Gear-Head, Cam Lock Spindle, Lathe
G4003 12" x 36" Gear-Head Lathe
An exceptionally valued metal lathe.
The gear-head spindle of the G4003 12" x 36" Lathe lets you select speeds without having to fuss with belts or pulleys.
Shifting gears is as easy as switching a couple of front-mounted levers.
The G4003 had nine spindle speeds from 70–1400 RPM.
The quick-change gearbox makes thread cutting selection fast and efficient.
An outstanding quality at a very reasonable price.
Like all Grizzly lathes, the G4003 comes with a 1-year warranty covering parts and assuring the unit is free from factory defects.
The G4003 manual was written by our U.S. based Documentation Department and is packed with useful information. The complete and easy-to-read manual makes it easier to assemble and maintain your lathe.
The Grizzly Technical Support team is U.S. based. Parts for the lathe may be available online and shipped from the Grizzly parts warehouse in Springfield, MO.
- Motor: 2 HP, 220V, single-phase, 8.5A
- Swing over bed: 12"
- Swing over cross slide: 7"
- Distance between centers: 36"
- Bed width: 7-1/4"
- Spindle bore: 1.417" (36mm)
- Spindle nose taper: MT#5
- Spindle nose: D1-5 Camlock
- Spindle speeds: 9, 70–1400 RPM
- Compound travel: 3-1/4"
- Cross slide travel: 6-1/4"
- Tailstock barrel taper: MT#3
- Tailstock barrel travel: 4"
- Overall dimensions: 61" W x 23" D x 23" H
- Approx. shipping weight: 1020 lbs.
- Spindle on/off reverse switch on carriage
- Easy-to-use lever controls
- Full-length splash guard
- Hardened and ground cast-iron bed
- Threading dial
- 6" 3-Jaw chuck w/2 sets of jaws
- 8" 4-Jaw chuck w/reversible jaws
- 10" Faceplate
- Steady rest
- Follow rest
- 4-Pc. Insert Tool Holder Set
- Quick-change tool post with one tool holder
- Two MT#3 dead centers (1 carbide-tipped)
- MT#3 live center
- Set of seven change gears
- 1/2" Chuck with MT#3 arbor